Monday, April 05, 2004

Linkagery

I don't want to turn this into a link blog as there are plenty of those out there (see sidebar), but there are a few things I want to point out today. This will not be a frequent feature, I've just got some free time while running some aerodynamic analysis in the background.

First, in National Review there was a funny article with some satirical commercials for the NCAA tournament. I think the Chevy Obliviator commercial would make a good real commercial since that's the whole point of getting a gigantoid SUV.

Second, Jason Van Steenwyk of IraqNow, has a possible explanation for why I tend towards the realpolitik school of thought, since I've enjoyed European history since I was kid.

Third, the NY Times reports that an arrest warrant has been issued for Moktada al-Sadr, whose followers have been clashing with our troops recently. According to Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) [warning: some profanity] Sadr has NO clerical training and is basically an Iranian stooge. Let's be rid of him.

Fourth, the military is evidently having no problems reaching its recruiting goals. Turns out that Iraq is not causing an exodus of soldiers out of the millitary, contrary to much speculation by anti-war pansies.

Fifth, here's some motivation for me to add comments or my e-mail address. Frank J has had on ongoing conversation with a wacky leftist he calls The Limey. This is the latest chapter, with links to the previous ones. If you need some humor just start at the beginning and enjoy Frank at his best.

And lastly, from Frankie J's archives, is this essay about how to achieve world peace. You have to love any paper that has "Peace can only be achieved through excessive acts of seemingly mindless violence" in its first paragraph.

My aero code is almost done so now I must depart. That should keep y'all busy.

No comments: